Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A Manly Mossy Cowl



Here's a moss stitch cowl I have just finished knitting for my husband and I thought I'd share my simple pattern with you. A perfect little piece to keep you snug and warm over winter!

Materials:
- 3 x 50g Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran (I picked the dark green for him to match his green eyes although I think this colour has been discontinued.  Don't quote me on that though!)
- 5.5mm straight needles
- wool needle






Pattern:
Cast On: 60 stitches.
Row 1: *(Knit 1, Purl 1), repeat * till end of row.
Row 2: *(Purl 1, Knit 1), repeat * till end of row.
Repeat Rows 1 & 2 till yarn is almost finished.
Cast Off: In knit stitch, leaving enough yarn to sew seam.
Finish: Lay piece flat and twist one end over so there is a bend in the center of the cowl, creating a Mobius strip. Then sew ends of cowl together with remaining yarn while maintaining Mobius twist. Weave in ends.




2 comments:

  1. OOoooh, I love a good cowl! This looks fabulous, I really like the texture you've created by using a moss stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cowel. The model isn't bad either!

    ReplyDelete